|We love to receive book proposals from authors and agents! We accept both agented and author-submitted book proposals. Please send us the following information:
Please note that we do not accept proposals or submissions via e-mail or fax. If you would like a response, you must include a self-addressed, stamped #10 business envelope. If you would like your material returned, you must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope of the appropriate size with sufficient return postage.
- A brief summary of the book, including its length (i.e., the approximate number of words in the manuscript).
- A table of contents
- Two sample chapters
- Photocopies of any photographs or illustrations you believe might assist us in evaluating your proposal (do not send originals!)
- A brief list of similar or competitive books, including title, author, publisher, ISBN number, and date of publication-all readily available on Amazon.com and other on-line booksellers. Tell us what makes your book unique. How does it differ from your competition? Please do not treat this request lightly; this is extremely important information!
- Marketing and publicity plans or ideas
- A description of your book's audience
- A brief autobiographical summary or resume. What do you, as the author,
bring to the project?
- Your mailing address, daytime phone number, and e-mail address
Note to authors who reside outside of the U.S. and Canada: We do not accept International Response Coupons and therefore cannot return your material. You may, however, include your e-mail address with your material, and we will send you a response.
You can expect a reply within two months of our receipt of your proposal. Please do not follow up with a phone call or e-mail, and please do not send the package in any manner that requires a signature upon delivery.
Send your proposal to:
P.O. Box 850
Solana Beach, CA 92075
Thank you for your interest in Santa