6 x 9
Hundreds of Black-and-White Photos
Voted One of Library Journal’s Best Reference Books of the Year!
“Whether you are planning a visit or are just a Disney fan,
this is the book to own.”
Spanning the entire history of the park, from its founding more than 50 years ago to the present, this fascinating book explores over 500 attractions, restaurants, stores, events, and significant people from Disneyland.
Each of the main encyclopedia entries illuminates the history of a Disneyland landmark, revealing the initial planning strategies for the park’s iconic attractions and detailing how they evolved over the decades. Enriching this unique A-to-Z chronicle are profiles of the personalities who imagined and engineered the kingdom known as “The Happiest Place on Earth.”
This updated and expanded second edition includes:
Overflowing with meticulously researched details and written in a spirited, accessible style, The Disneyland Encyclopedia is a comprehensive and entertaining exploration of the most-influential, most-renovated, and most-loved theme park in the world!
- Over 300 new photos
- More historic photos of Disneyland in the 1950s and ’60s
- Dozens of new or updated attractions, shops, eateries, and shows
- More encyclopedia entries (over 500) describing virtually everything that’s ever been in Disneyland since it opened in 1955
- Dozens of informative sidebars
- More index listings for easier searching